Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:44 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
I guess the share price for brewery products will shoot up tonight. Don't forget to leave some for the New Years Eve revellers!

Have a good time and I hope to be there next year. :drinkers: :partyman: :supz:

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:40 am 
Hut Senior

City or Town:
State:
Rick,

Just reading that breathanalyser...think you guys may end up rather confused, you have a red, yellow and green light. Does that mean that when you start on the green light, when it gets to the yellow light do you speed up the drinking before the light changes red .............. :occasion5: :drunken:

Hope you find your way to the Australian and Glenmore pubs, from what I have read you guys don't know which way you are going. Hope you find your way home tonight

Cheers

Jude :partyman:

Cerberus, Harman (Navy Office 62/63-64), Penguin (Rushcutter Recruiting), Penguin (Kuttabul Navy News)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:19 pm 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: Freeport
State: Grand Bahama Island
Well its 0950 Saturday morning here in Freeport which makes it 0150 Sunday morning in Sydney. I wonder how to boys got on.
Steve

4th Muppet Intake
January 1974-January 1997
Perth, Tobruk, Launceston, Bendigo, Sydney, Melbourne. Nirimba, Penguin, Navy Office, MHQ, Naval Support Command, Somalia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:19 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: N/A
State: Florida
Steve
I'll bet they are all piled on top of Ned's stool, the one with the wheels and the GPS.

Mandy, the Bubble Sisters, and Monique are pushing the stool up and down the street as a Chippie tries to read the GPS.

Not a pretty sight.

As there are no RP's there, they are hopelessly lost.

Wish I was lost with them.

Joined the Navy Jan 6, 1970, retired Jan 31, 1994
USS Trenton LPD-14, Hermitage LSD-34, Shreveport LPD-12, Saipan LHA-2, COMPHRIBRON-4 staff embarked in the Guam LPH 2, Saipan LHA-2, Nashville LPD-13, and Wasp LHD-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:28 pm 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: Freeport
State: Grand Bahama Island
me too Wayne

4th Muppet Intake
January 1974-January 1997
Perth, Tobruk, Launceston, Bendigo, Sydney, Melbourne. Nirimba, Penguin, Navy Office, MHQ, Naval Support Command, Somalia.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:48 pm 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: GLENWOOD
Buck,

Well desribed old son, contemporaneous notes were taken and will be used to flesh out future performance evaluation reports and/or Post Action Reports.
A great day which incorporated just about everying that means 'old sailor' although a few things got left out - nobody got lost, nobody got barred from any venue, no lewd or lavicious behaviour, nobody did the dance of the flamers and nobody got arrested - at least not up to somewhere past 18 o'clock when I abandoned ship. Just a great day of campanionship, cameraderie, good conversation, good food and a fine variety of standard and boutique ales.
The hole in the pocket will heal and I look forward already to next years' outing - and Rick has suggested that next year we should run between pubs - that stretch between the Captain Cook and the Australian doesn't look good though.

Mark

22nd MOBI Intake
January, 1967 Still serving reservist
Nirimbax4, Leeuwin, Penguin, Vendetta, Brisbane, Cerberus, Stalwart, FOCAF Staff, Sydney, Melbourne, Yarra, Anzac, Swan,Vampire, Kimbla, Kuttabul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:09 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: N/A
State: Florida
Steve
They call them self sailors?

If what Mark said is true, for shame, for shame. for shame. No lewd or lavicious behavior, might just as well stay home. Just sitting here, shaking my head, and crying in my beer.

Joined the Navy Jan 6, 1970, retired Jan 31, 1994
USS Trenton LPD-14, Hermitage LSD-34, Shreveport LPD-12, Saipan LHA-2, COMPHRIBRON-4 staff embarked in the Guam LPH 2, Saipan LHA-2, Nashville LPD-13, and Wasp LHD-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:06 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Shrewsbury
State: Massachusetts
Glad that you all had a good time, but I have to agree with Wayne about the lewd and lascivious behavior. We are all anxiously awaiting the pictures.

While you were wandering from pub to pub I was stuck at the Christmas party for the hospital where my wife works. Iwas thinking that at least you guys were having a good time because the party was boring as I didn't really know anyone and the music was so loud you couldn't talk to anyone anyway. It wasn't a total loss thouh as I did manage to get into trouble with my wife though by disappearing for a while.

I had noticed several Marines as we passed through the hotel lobby on the way into the fuction room. I decided that I should investigate the hotel bar and, as I suspected, there were the Marines. It was a lot more fun drinking with them in the bar than being at that boring party.

The Marines were there because their reserve unit has been acvtivated and they will be in Iraq by February. As the training facility does not have enough barracks for them, they are quartered in the hotel.

Now, how do I explain the $165 I spent in the bar buying these young Marines a beer when she sees the charge card statement?

Enlisted USMC 3 March 1972 on delayed entry. Active duty 17 June 1972. Due to a Reduction In Force as the Vietnam War wound down, discharged for a minor medical problem , 23 July 1972.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:11 am 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
I will post some ACTUAL details later, I'm still recovering. :puke:

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:46 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Sheidow Park
State: SA
phred wrote:
Now, how do I explain the $165 I spent in the bar buying these young Marines a beer when she sees the charge card statement?

Doing your patriotic duty phred, and having a beer with young Marines who may pay the ultimate sacrifice in doing their duty for their country. :supz:

25th MOBI Intake
July 68 - June 88
Nirimba, Waratah (Dam Neck), Brisbane, Waratah (Mare Is & LBNSY), Harman (CDSC), Waratah (Mare Is), Brisbane, Harman (Navy Office & CDSC), Waratah (Dam Neck & Mare Is), Harman (CDSC)

Wisdom comes with age, sometimes age comes alone.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next