Links
Main Photo Gallery
Intake Photo Gallery
RAN SH Library

Who's Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Google Search
Google

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:43 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
State: NSW
Well, it looks like a stroke victim and a GDY will be holding the fort for the weekend.

Who would have thought that we both have speech difficulties!!!

Hope you all have a great time.

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:16 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: N/A
State: Florida
BC
We are the only trust worthy ones capable of holding down the Fort. LOL

The scary part is that I'm starting to understand you blokes more and more each day

Joined the Navy Jan 6, 1970, retired Jan 31, 1994
USS Trenton LPD-14, Hermitage LSD-34, Shreveport LPD-12, Saipan LHA-2, COMPHRIBRON-4 staff embarked in the Guam LPH 2, Saipan LHA-2, Nashville LPD-13, and Wasp LHD-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
When I saw BC's and Wayne's regular daily posts in 'Quote of the Day' and
'Questions To Ponder', I was tempted to ask them both to hold the fort in our
absence, but though... 'They've both got initiative, they'll do it without ME asking
them to...'
And you haven't let me down... :thumbright:

Thanks guys... :notworthy: And what a fantastic run it was... :notworthy:

I know a picture tells a thousand words. so (as I intentionally didn't take my
camera with me this time,)
I'll wait until Buck and Col send me their pics so I
can share the occasion with you visually, which'll be over the next few days... :thumbright:

In the meantime, I can share the 'Bingo :drinkers: Card' card with you, and that
alone should give you some insight into the fun day we had...

:type: Click on the card for a BLOW :shock: UP...

Keeping score certainly served it's purpose, even resulting in a dispute between
the 'Technical Officer's Writer' Dino, (who took over the scoring from me when I
discovered I'd lost the ability to draw a five-sided star after Pub #4,)
and 'Mobes',
who was greatly concerned about Rob missing out on being credited with a
'bonus :sunny: star' for an 'above-quota' drink... #-o

With no less than THREE Ex-MOBIs-turned-Policemen present, the issue was
settled like true gentlemen, with a 'Statuary Declaration' being drawn up (see
below,)
and duly witnessed by the three 'coppers' present...! :lol:

:type: Click on the 'Stat Dec' for a BLOW :shock: UP...

Anyway Gang, like the rest of our dedicated troupe, I'm well and truly sh*t-faced :drunken:
and with another huge day ahead of us for The MOBI Yacht's 41st Birthday :occasion4:
tomorrow, I'm hitting the hay... :zzz: I'll fill you in on all the rest of the details of
our BIGGEST and BEST Smokey yet, in-depth, tomorrow night... :wave:

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:51 am 
Div. Officer

City or Town: Tinonee
Quote:
With no less than THREE Ex-MOBIs-turned-Policemen present, the issue was settled like true gentlemen, with a 'Statuary Declaration' being drawn up (see below,) and duly witnessed by the three 'coppers' present...!

Is this what is referred to as Police Verballing!!!

22nd Mobi Intake
Jan 67 - Jan 89
RANATE, Sydney, Swan, Creswell, Stalwart (FMU), Cerberus, Derwent, Nirimba, Parramatta, Nirimba, FHQ (FMMO).

Post subject: VERBALLING
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:28 am 
Div. P.O.

City or Town: GLENWOOD
Brian,

It was all we could do at 16 of the after clock and after about 14 jars of neck oil. Please note standard of my usually fairly neat handwriting (I was a Scribe once you know) as shown in the Statutory Declaration.

Mobes

22nd MOBI Intake
January, 1967 Still serving reservist
Nirimbax4, Leeuwin, Penguin, Vendetta, Brisbane, Cerberus, Stalwart, FOCAF Staff, Sydney, Melbourne, Yarra, Anzac, Swan,Vampire, Kimbla, Kuttabul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: Lake Munmorah
Talk about your handwriting Mobes, check out my progressively deteriorating stars on the Bingo :drinkers: Card... :roll: little wonder Dino stepped up to the plate and took over as my TOW...!!!

I've now got all the photos from Pussasan and Buck and I'll be posting them shortly... Right now, I've just got back from The MOBI Yacht 'Nirimba' Association Inc.'s Innaugural AGM*, 41st Birthday BBQ and Open Day for The MOBI Yacht 'Nirimba' and I'm stuffed, so after I have a reviving :zzz: kip, I'll post them...

(*The MYNAI AGM was deferred to 11:00am next Sunday at RANSA as we had insufficient numbers to make a quorum today...)

Ex-CPOMTH3
R42630
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'74
HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Melbourne - HMAS Cerberus - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Lonsdale - HMAS Tarangau - HMAS Nirimba - HMAS Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:21 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: St Marys
Well Sue (My S.I.D.) & self were heading into the city about 1320 on friday when Seejay rang me to tell me we were late. He and Shep had already started the basin trial at the Frisco.
We arrived about 1430, then Charlie & Ellie arrived about 1730, and Rick some time later.
Much bullshit & fine fare was then enjoyed, as well as the obligatory schooners, before Rick, Charlie & Ellie called it an early night.
Sue pulled up stumps aboout 2100, as she was pacing herself for the RANSH run, as well as her mates Hens do.
Shep, Seejay & self were invited to leave when staff started packing up the furniture around us about 2330. From there I can say I remember how I go to my sleeping quarters, whilst apparently the same could not be said of the two chippies.
Saturday dawned, and Sue & I collected Dinophot when he booked into our pub, and we cabbed it to the Jacksons on George where the numbers were already swelling. Biggest surprise here was that Ned was EARLY.
After totally disrupting this establishment, off we went on the days fun tour.
Glen Friedrich brought the beautiful bride, Justina along. She had been worried about being the only female of the opposite sex coming along. Not a problem. Methinks she and Sue are now well and truly honorary MOBIs.
As stated elsewhere, we only managed to get lost once, and the miscreant responsible was duly issued his first?? yellow card.
We lost Sue about 1330 for her do, but picked her up again about 1700, after we hit the Orient. She had her mates in tow, and the MOBIs were joined by Mounted Police women. (Does this make us mounted MOBIs?)
The state of inebriation continued unabated till around the 2200 mark when there were only a couple of us left.
Went down to the yacht this morning, and there was a distinct air of lethargy abounding. Funny that.
I thought this was well and truly the best yet. Most in attendance, probably a bit more boisterous, and certainly not lacking in conviviality.
Only about 364 days or so to the next one.
Thanks to one and all who came along for making it truly a day to remember.
Cheers.

17th MOBI intake (3 July 1964)
July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:22 pm 
Div. Officer

City or Town: St Marys
PS to above post,
Swag of photos sent off to Rick this arvo for him to do his magic with.
Cheers.

17th MOBI intake (3 July 1964)
July'64 to July'76
Nirimba, Vampire, Vendetta, Stalwart (FMU), Kuttabul (FMP), Torrens, Melbourne (Carrier)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

City or Town: St Georges Basin
Boy oh boy, it's so nice to be home again, away from all those bad influences. :director: :drinkers: :occasion9:

I must inform all the poor unfortunate Skilled Hands members that were unable to make "the run" that I was the only participant that conducted his or her self with couth and decorum for the whole day. :angel5: :thumbright:

A great day was had by all with old and new "Rocks Runners" having the time of their lives. We spun a few warries, kissed, cuddled and licked each other, from one pub to the next. We laughed a heck of a lot and spread culture and goodwill throughout the Rocks.

Thanks everyone for helping to make it the best run ever.

May there be many more.

John Kelly (WEBMASTER)
R42620
Ex-WOMTH
13th MOBI Intake
July'62 to July'83
Nirimba x3 - Rushcutter - Sydney x2 (Carrier) - Melbourne (Carrier) - Penguin - Kuttabul - Creswell x3 - Stalwart x2 - Brisbane.

Post subject: The Rocks Run
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:35 pm 
Div. Captain

City or Town:
State:
Gee it was BIG ! ! :roll: I managed the course but had the "wobbly boots on" by about 1830. I suspect that it may have been the butterscotch schnapps (cant spell it but they were great) may have been my downfall :D
It had been a few years since I have participated, so I made up for it. Great Day, Good company etc. Thanks Col for kicking it off this time and to all those who made it a top run.
Not looking forward to the photos :?

Cheers Dinophot

Cerberus,Albatross,Melbourne,Albatross,Melbourne,Kuttabul and several short stints on Brisbane.

Post new topic Reply to topic    www.RAN-SkilledHands.org Forum Index -> Reunions, Smokeys, Banyans and Get Togethers  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next